When the start of the school year is looming, I lose sleep making lists of my head of things to make, do, plan, teach, model, etc. etc.
I am a highly reflective person, so I’m always thinking about how I can make my next year of teaching my best year of teaching.
What kinds of things do you have on your list?
- sing more in the classroom
- read more read alouds
- give more hugs
- remember to go slowly at the beginning of the year teaching rituals and routines (it’s ALWAYS worth it in the end if you TAKE YOUR TIME)
- don’t sweat the small stuff
- pray for my class more
- eat less chocolate (ya feel me?)
- assess less – guided reading more (in a dream world)
- stay organized
- collaborate more
- stay positive
- get to know each and every student/have something to talk about with each of them every day (I love this part!)
- be silly!
- keep practicing engagement strategies in the classroom (my favorite way to teach)
-Caffeine and Kindergarten “Teach your Heart Out!”